Optical constants of (C2H4)n (Polyethylene, PE, HDPE, LDPE)
Smith and Loewenstein 1975: HDPE; n,k 40.0–200 µm
(40.0000 – 200.0000)
Complex refractive index (n+ik)
n k LogX LogY eV
Derived optical constants
HDPE. Measured using approximately 1 mm thick film.
D. R. Smith and E. V. Loewenstein. Optical constants of far infrared materials. 3: plastics, Appl. Opt. 14, 1335-1341 (1975)
Polyethylene, (C2H4)n (PE, HDPE, LDPE)Polyethylene is the most common plastic.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Medium-density polyethylene (MDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE/PEX)
- Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE)