Optical constants of (C2H4)n (Polyethylene, PE, HDPE, LDPE)
David et al. 2022: LLDPE film; n,k 2.00–12.3 µm
Complex refractive index (n+ik)
n k LogX LogY eV
Derived optical constants
Spin-coated LLDPE. Measured using approximately 270 nm thick film (concentration 2%, dissolved in Toluene). Data at λ < 2 μm removed on author's request.
M. David, D. Disnan, A. Lardschneider, D. Wacht, H. Hoang, G. Ramer, H. Detz, B. Lendl, U. Schmid, G. Strasser, B. Hinkov. Structure and mid-infrared optical properties of spin-coated polyethylene films developed for integrated photonics applications, Opt. Mater. Express 12, 2168-2180 (2022)
Polyethylene, (C2H4)n (PE, HDPE, LDPE)Polyethylene is the most common plastic.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Medium-density polyethylene (MDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE/PEX)
- Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE)